Borno State Governor, Prof. Babagana Umara Zulum on on Monday met families of policemen and civilian JTF volunteers ambushed on Friday while on their way to Baga as security backup.
Zulum was at headquarters of Borno State police in Maiduguri where the bereaved families gathered to receive him.
“I am purposely here to sympathise and condole with you our brothers and sisters the families of our deceased policemen. It is very unfortunate that the incident happened. May Almighty God in his infinite mercy forgive and reward them for their sacrifices and may He grant you the strength to bear the fortitude of this huge loss that is for all of us” Zulum said.
“It is so sad, looking at what happened. It is quite unfortunate and i am pained by that incident. However, those men died as heroes, as patriots and as people that have brought honour to their families even though we never wished that it happened” Zulum said.
… Governor says he won’t disclose help
Governor Zulum did announce the Borno state government was going to offer support to families of bereaved but however explained that “Government will not publicly announce the nature of support to so that it does not appear as if the support equalled the values of the lives of those killed” noting that nothing can compensate for the life of a human being. “Insha’ Allah we shall do everything possible to support the families. The education of their children is very important in addition to the support for their means of livelihood. I want to once again sympathize with the families on behalf of the grateful people of Borno State. I condole with the Borno state police command, the CP, the Inspector General of Police, the Nigeria Police Force and entire Nigerians over the sad moment” Zulum said.
Zulum at hospital to console injured personnel
Governor Zulum was also at the state specialist hospital in Maiduguri to console those injured from the Baga ambush. They consisted of policemen and volunteers in the Civilian Joint Task Force (CJTF).
Conducting the Governor round, medical director of the Hospital, Dr. Laraba Bello explained that eight injured persons were brought to the hospital on Sunday made up of a policeman and seven CJTF members from whom five had been treated and discharged while remaining three were responding to treatment after sustaining injuries from gun shots.
Copyright ©️ 2020 CableNews.