The Kaduna state governor, Nasir El-Rufai has said he is not bothered by the decision of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) to withdraw an invitation previously extended to him to speak at its annual general meeting. The governor’s reaction was made known in a statement on Thursday, August 20, through his spokesperson, Muyiwa Adekeye. Governor El-Rufai says he is not bothered by withdrawal of NBA invitation. Source: Twitter
Adekeye said El-Rufai accepted the invitation to speak at the NBA event as part of his commitment to the evolution of a national consensus.
The spokesperson, however, faulted the decision of the NBA to withdraw the invitation extended to the governor based on the protest of some lawyers without hearing El-Rufai’s side of the story. “The decision about who speaks at its event is clearly the NBA’s, Malam El-Rufai did not seek the platform and is not agitated that he has one less speaking engagement,” the governor’s aid said.